The end of the year is in sight and it’s time to start thinking about refocusing your efforts to get even more of your local market share. A great way to do that is by attending a home care and hospice-specific sales and marketing training event to get energized and learn the latest tips and tricks from experts in home care and business growth.
- There is still time to register for PMX, a three-day specialized sales and marketing experience devoted entirely to home health, hospice and private duty. PMX: PlayMaker CRM Expo & User Conference is the industry’s top destination for gaining the innovative tools and strategies needed to improve marketing efficiency; strengthen branding; increase referrals, census and revenue; and dominate your market. You do not have to be a PlayMaker CRM customer to attend or to get the full benefit of PMX.
PMX is Sept. 18-20 in Nashville, Tenn. Visit www.pmxusercon.com to learn more. We have secured a special discount for readers of this blog. Enter promo code BOGO when you register to buy one seat and get the second seat FREE.
Take a deep breath and get ready because October is all about lung awareness. Not only is October Healthy Lung Month, but Lung Health Day is Oct. 30 and National Respiratory Care Week Is Oct. 20-26. The number of Americans affected by lung disease is staggering. With about 158,000 deaths every year (more than prostate, pancreas, breast and colon cancer combined), lung cancer is the nation’s deadliest cancer. About 206,000 people are diagnosed with the condition each year. Additionally, about 10 million adults are diagnosed with chronic bronchitis each year, and about 4.7 million others have ever been diagnosed with emphysema – the diseases that make up Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). About 25 million people live with asthma. Take a stand for lung health and encourage your community to spread the word about lung disease.
- Use your agency’s COPD outcome scores to demonstrate to physicians your success at providing quality outcomes for certain conditions. Outcomes brochures for the physician detail the specific services you offer and display your outcome scores as compared to state or national averages. Find them at www.tagwebstore.com/patient-outcomes-physicians.php. Companion brochures for patients are available at www.tagwebstore.com/patient-outcomes-senior.php.
- Hospice agencies can visit with physicians and discharge planners to discuss when referral is appropriate for patients with lung disease/COPD. The hospice specialty care flyer, which includes easy-to-follow end-stage indicators, is a wonderful tool to clearly convey this message. Find it at www.tagwebstore.com/hospice-specialty-care-flyers.php.
- Partner with physicians to improve hospice care for patients with COPD. The COPD hospice disease case study provides a specific patient scenario in which hospice referral would be recommended. Find it at www.tagwebstore.com/disease-case-study.php.
- Empower your COPD patients and improve your positive outcomes by providing them with COPD zone flyers that tell them when their symptoms indicate a call to their home health nurse is needed, and when it’s time to call 911. Find them at www.tagwebstore.com/zone-flyer.php. Reminder stickers and magnets also are available at www.tagwebstore.com/zoneflyer-english-products.php.
- Show physicians you’re serious about giving patients an active role in managing their condition by using patient education guides, which are packed with guidance, tips, goals and logs. Be sure to take the guides along when you call on physicians to discuss potential referrals and the care you provide. Find guides for asthma and COPD at www.tagwebstore.com/patient-education-guides.php.
Get your pink ribbons ready. October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The American Cancer Society estimates that 232,340 new cases of invasive breast cancer and about 34,640 new cases of non-invasive carcinoma in situ will be diagnosed in the United States in 2013. About 39,620 women will die from breast cancer in 2013. It is the second leading cause of cancer death in women, surpassed only by lung cancer. With nearly 3 million breast cancer survivors in this country alone, it’s a disease that touches nearly everyone in some way. So put on that pink T-shirt and prepare to spread the word about breast cancer awareness, treatment and how home care and hospice can help.
- Hospice agencies should provide oncologists with brochures that discuss the benefits of hospice care for breast cancer patients near the end of life. Find them at www.tagwebstore.com/disease-information-brochures.php.
- Home care agencies should provide oncologists with brochures that discuss the benefits of home care for breast cancer patients. Find them at www.tagwebstore.com/disease-information-brochures.php.
- Give breast cancer patients a comprehensive guide to assist them as they cope with treatment. Find a patient education guide for cancer with chemotherapy/radiation at www.tagwebstore.com/patient-education-guides.php.
International Infection Prevention Week is Oct. 20-26. Having good hand hygiene and awareness of simple protections to prevent contracting a cold or flu are simple but hugely important steps we all need to keep from getting sick. Highlight these simple strategies this week and play your part in reducing your community’s rates of potentially deadly infections.
- Distribute hand sanitizing sprays personalized with your agency’s logo, website and contact information. Hand these out to referral source gatekeepers, at senior centers and health fairs. Find them at www.tagwebstore.com/mistagerm.php.
- This is the perfect time to host a community education class on cold and flu prevention. Find a great done-for-you class at www.tagwebstore.com/healthmatters-education-series.php.
- Place stacks of flyers educating about infectious disease at your local library’s checkout counter and at senior centers. Find them at www.tagwebstore.com/health-care-flyers.php.
- Stock the waiting rooms of local clinics and the checkout counters of retail clinics with brochures about wound care. Find them at www.tagwebstore.com/disease-information-brochures.php.