National Doctors Day is one of the best marketing opportunities we have as home care and hospice professionals. It’s a great time to recognize the physicians in your market and to highlight the work they do. Be sure to call on every doctor in your service area, including hospitalists, specialists and general practitioners. National Doctors Day is March 30.
- Build relationships with local doctors by setting up appointments to talk about Transitional Care Management. Teach them about how much money they potentially are leaving on the table by not filing for TCM and they’ll remember you when it’s time to make a referral. And it’s not as complicated as it might initially seem. All doctors have to do is monitor a patient’s transition from the hospital to home for 30 days after discharge. Get a great TCM kit that includes TCM brochures, payment calculators, billing guides and quick reference guides.
- Reach out to all the doctors in your community with products made especially for Doctors Day. Don’t just include those physicians that send you the most referrals — make contact with every physician. It’s an incredible opportunity to go after new business.
- Partner with another local agency such as the American Red Cross or the American Lung Association and host an appreciation lunch or other event for physicians new to your community. Visit UCompare to find doctors who may not yet be on your marketing radar.
- Add an item to your local government’s regular meeting agenda to have March 30 officially recognized as Doctors Day in your community. Don’t forget to sign up to speak about the great work doctors do during the reading of the agenda item or during the public comment portion of the meeting. View sample proclamations here and here.
- Contact a local senior center and offer to present a class about how to make the most of your doctor’s visit. Check out this done-for-you class that a non-clinician can present.