Let’s plan for February. February is American Heart Month. About 2,200 people die in this country every day due to heart disease and stroke. Become a community leader as you focus on heart education and advocacy.
- Find “We’re all about heart” flyers, brochures and magnets highlighting heart disease and congestive heart failure at www.tagwebstore.com/heartmonth.php.
- Volunteer to teach a community education class on heart health. Find a complete done-for-you Heart Health class and related materials at www.tagwebstore.com/startupkit-products.php.
- Use blood pressure logs to help patients stay on top of their condition while educating them about proper blood pressure tracking. Find them at www.tagwebstore.com/bloodpressurelog.php.
- Give heart patients the ultimate tool to manage and participate in their care. Patient Education Guides will help patients cope with conditions such as CHF, Heart Attack, Hypertension and Stroke. Find them at www.tagwebstore.com/patient-education-guides.php.
February also is National AMD/Low Vision Awareness Month. Spread the word about age-related macular degeneration.
- Find Vision Health flyers at www.tagwebstore.com/AMD.php and distribute them at local physician waiting rooms.
February also is Senior Independence Month. Highlight your agency’s efforts to help seniors continue living independently at home.
- Volunteer at a local senior center to teach a community education class. Relevant, done-for-you class topics include fall prevention, senior exercise programs, understanding medications and diet and nutrition. Find them at www.tagwebstore.com/startupkit-products.php.
- Use our Patient Outcomes Brochures to highlight your fall prevention efforts and outcomes to local physicians. Show them just how well you can help keep their patients safe at home. Find them at www.tagwebstore.com/patient-outcomes-physicians.php.
- Visit senior centers, assisted living facilities, nursing homes and other communities and hand out senior fun packs to encourage continued socialization and engagement. Find them at www.tagwebstore.com/seniorfunpack.php.