August is Happiness Happens Month, an observance initiated by the Secret Society of Happy People.
The idea behind the month is to make happiness a habit for a month and allow it to take root as a great attitude change all year long. Spread the cheer throughout your community, your client population, and your organization. You’ll be glad you did.
- Start by visiting the sponsor organization’s website for the observance.
- Make an appointment with your favorite assisted living facility activities director. Plan an event centered on residents telling stories about their happiest or most uplifting day. Offer a small treat to those who participate and share their happy stories.
- Send out fun e-cards to all your contacts and remind them to stay happy. Be sure to tell them to call you when they see clients who may need a consultation visit for your services. Here are some fun and free e-cards.
- Host a happiness seminar at a local civic meeting place or church. Ask inspirational speakers with positive messages to address the group, and invite church and civic groups from your entire market to attend. Hand out refreshments and happy-themed promotional items and spread the good news about your services. Contact TAG Partners at 866-232-6477 or email email@example.com to discuss promotional items and signage ideas for your event.
- Launch a contest to find the happiest person in your physician referral sources’ offices. Take in a ballot box with entry forms and encourage the entire office to vote on the happiest person. Come back during the first week of September and count the votes. Award a happy face button and a small gift basket to the winner. Make this an annual event in all your referral sources’ offices.
- Organize a “happy moments” essay contest open to all patients and their family members. Ask them to write about the happiest time in their lives. Publish the winning stories in your newsletter and website, and contact your local newspaper and television news stations about this truly feel-good story.