Medicare's Home Health Compare scores have been available for years to assist consumers in choosing a quality home health care provider, but the new Medicare Hospice Compare tool is finally allowing terminally ill patients and their family members similar metrics.
Although the new hospice tool is not as robust as its home health sister, the data provides a great opportunity for companies with positive scores to stand out from others in their market.
- When approaching physician referral sources, make sure to have materials to leave behind that clearly and visually show how you compare to state and/or national averages. Some companies even choose to display their scores directly beside their competitors. Click on TAG Partners' physician materials at the links located at the bottom of the pate to see graphs we've created to convey the information clearly and immediately.
- Educate consumers who call you as they evaluate providers about the Medicare tools and encourage them to look up your scores.
- Contact local media and make sure they know about the scores and about how well you performed. Offer to place them in contact with your medical director and administrator to discuss your philosophy of care and how you are achieving your outstanding results.
- Home health providers, are you calling attention to your Quality of Patient Care and Patient Survey star ratings that are reported alongside your Home Health Compare scores? Highlight your excellent star ratings by developing a graphic representation of the achievement and adding it to all of your outreach items, including your website, general services brochure, or even the back of your business card. Check out this logo TAG Partners created for this purpose.
Through Oct. 31, the following products are 20% off list price when you use promo code TWENTY at checkout:
- Patient Outcomes Brochures for Physicians (home health)
- Patient Outcomes Brochures for Seniors (home health)
- Choosing Hospice Flyer for Physicians (hospice)
- Choosing Hospice: A Guide for Patients (hospice)
Call us at 866-232-6477 to learn more.