National Doctors Day is March 30. This unique observance gives us a perfect opportunity to not only show the community how much we appreciate physicians, but also to get our agency’s message and mission out to the physicians in our markets.
- Start by calling on every doctor in your community, including hospitalists, specialists and general practitioners. Spread the word about how your agency appreciates their dedication and hard work.
- Go public. Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper about the good work physicians do and how they help the community. Remember to say that your agency couldn’t do all it does without them.
- Say thanks to all the doctors in your community with products made especially for Doctors Day. Be sure to go beyond just those physicians with whom you already have a strong referral relationship. This is a great opportunity to build new physician partnerships. Visit this website to discover physicians in your area who might not be on your marketing radar.
- Make it a priority to educate physicians about the importance of advance care planning. Many may not be aware of reimbursements available for this service, or they may be uncomfortable initiating the conversation with their patients. This informative guide can help.
- Place an item on your municipal government’s regular meeting agenda seeking to proclaim March 30 as Doctors Day. If your agency furnishes a plaque of appreciation, you will be a podium guest. View the original presidential proclamation here. For an example of proclamations you can modify for your town, check out these proclamations drafted in Missouri and Alabama.
- Place an ad in your local newspaper to honor your local doctors. Ask all your current referral sources for permission to put their names in your thank-you ad. You’ll not only show your thanks, but you’ll grab their attention.
- Build relationships with local doctors by setting up appointments to talk about care plan oversight. Teach them about how much money they potentially are leaving on the table by not filing for CPO and they’ll surely remember you when it’s time to make a referral. And it’s not as complicated as it initially seems. Get a great CPO Kit for home health or hospice that includes CPO brochures, payment calculators, billing guides and quick reference guide.
- Contact a local medical condition-based support group or ALF and offer to present a class about how to make the most of your doctor’s visit. TAG Partners offers a ready-made class that a non-clinician can present. Call 866-232-6477 for pricing on individual items.